Our orthodontic treatment can help you achieve a straighter smile with healthy teeth. Whether you are an adult or a teen, Dr. Rezaiyan and his team will help you find orthodontic treatment in Laurel MD or its surrounding areas.
Benefits of Orthodontic Treatment
Getting braces or Invisalign® can make you feel like a new person. You will have the confidence to smile more with your straightened teeth. The benefits of this treatment and others like it include:
- Increased confidence
- Improved and aligned bite
- Elimination of TMJ strain and pain
- Ability to clean more effectively on straight teeth
- Increased self-assurance
- Prevention of tooth crowding, tooth wear, and other problems resulting from misaligned teeth.
Adults and teens who want a straighter smile have alternatives to traditional metal braces. Our experts provide Invisalign to correct mild to moderate orthodontic issues. This innovative orthodontic system utilizes a series of trays that gradually straighten teeth. Laurel Dental Associates is a proud provider of Invisalign clear aligners and helps you achieve a beautiful smile. At your initial consultation, our dentist will discuss your treatment plan for Invisalign. The Invisalign system can correct most dental alignment issues, however, these clear trays must be worn 22 hours per day and are only removed before eating, brushing and flossing.
Orthodontics for Children
The exact age for children to begin orthodontic treatment varies depending on the individual. Around 7 years-old is when most children have both baby teeth and adult teeth. This makes is easier for our orthodontist to diagnose and treat tooth and jaw problems without surgery and before symptoms become worse.
Orthodontic treatment for children allow:
- Control over the width of the lower and upper arches
- More space for teeth that are crowded together
- Avoiding tooth extractions later in life
- Guidance for the growth of the jaw so permanent teeth grow straight
- Correcting thumb sucking and minor speech issues
You may want to see an orthodontist if your child displays any of the following:
- Thumb sucking
- Misplaced, blocked, or crowded teeth
- Difficulty chewing or biting food
- Breathing mainly from the mouth
- Late or early loos of baby teeth
- Non-proportional jaws and teeth
- Abnormal teeth growth
- Jaws with popping sound
Orthodontics for Adults
Adults need orthodontic treatment and not just teens/kids. There are many people who are realizing the importance of maintaining their oral health and are taking advantage of the opportunity to get orthodontic care.
Some reason why adults want orthodontic treatment:
- Desire for a straighter and healthier smile
- Jaw pain caused by crooked teeth
- Crowded teeth or spaced out teeth
- Tooth decay or gum disease
- Correct a malocclusion
Orthodontics for Teens
Laurel Dental Associates also provides orthodontic services for teenagers. When the mouth and facial bones develop, teeth alignment is affected. Normally teenagers get braces during middle or high school. We can provide professional orthodontic treatment so that our teenage patients can hang out with friends and go to school with straight teeth and a healthy smile.
Dr. Rezaiyan and his team of professionals are here to answer any of your questions or concerns about orthodontic treatment. Contact our office at (301) 776-5051 to schedule an appointment.